FINE & PERFORMING ARTS STUDIES
The Fine and Performing Arts program offers students the opportunity to study creative disciplines like fashion design, graphic arts, video production, instrumental and vocal music, technical theater, and drama.
Middle School (7-8) Requirements: Students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher, 90% attendance rate or higher for a full academic year, and no chronic discipline or behavior issues (defined as receiving 2 or more Level 3-5 behavior incidents). Previously enrolled students do not need to re-enroll for high school as long as they maintain the below requirements.
High School (9-12) Requirements: Students must have a cumulative GPA of 2.5 or higher, 90% attendance rate or higher for a full academic year, and no chronic discipline or behavior issues (defined as receiving 2 or more Level 3-5 behavior incidents). Students must also pass an audition and complete an application for enrollment.
Students may be placed on Academic Probation or Demitted from Paseo Academy if the signature school requirements are not met.
Auditions for enrollment into high school are required.
There are two audition formats for students:
- In-Person: Auditions will be held each month. 1st Semester monthly dates for in-person auditions are: Sept. 15, Oct. 20, Nov. 17, Dec. 15. Auditions will be held from 2:30 - 5:00 p.m. The family will be contacted with the student audition date and time.
- Online: Student will upload a video and other supporting files that includes the individual auditioning as well as them demonstrating their abilities.
Audition Materials Submission
Online Submission Guidance:
- Shoot your video in a bright/well-lit setting. We want to be able to see you!
- Do not use auto-tune app.
- Do not submit GoogleDrive links, Dropbox links, iCloud link or links to Instagram videos.
- Check your video before submitting it and make sure the audio can be heard clearly.
- Video Auditions should be no more than 20 minutes. If you are demonstrating the completion of an extended project, you can use the time lapse option to show start to finish progression.
- You are welcome to sing with a backing track as long as we can hear your voice clearly.
- Do not submit a highly edited video, sizzle reel, or video with highly processed vocals.
Questions? Email your audition questions by clicking here.
"It is a school where young adults can be themselves and not be judged or treated unfairly because of how they look, dress, act, or anything else. The only thing that matters is EDUCATION AND STRIVING TO BE THEIR BEST!”
The Trotter Family